Affirmations are positive thoughts and affirmative beliefs. They are in the first person present tense – me, myself and I – and you say repeat over and over to yourself. You can whisper them. You can say them loud. You can write them and read them. You can think them.
But what is an the essential for sound sleep? Bedtime affirmations
Here are three reasons to adopt them starting tonight.–
1. They are the perfect closure to your day. Whether it turned out to be a stellar day or a bad one, it’s over and recognizing that and letting the excitement melt away is essential to get the rest you need.
2. They emphasize what’s important to your mind and calm the chatter of doubts, second guessing and worrying.
3. They induce peace, inner calm, and gratitude, the three emotions that will induce restful sleep.
Affirmations are very personal, so you need to create your own. The only rule is to believe them as you say them, and to repeat them 2 or 3 times until you get the calming effect. You may write down specific incidents that happened that day, or a general "catch all" affirmation such as:
1. I have done my BEST for today.
2. I have earned my REST for tonight.
3. I have put my LOVE into all my deeds.
4. I have used KINDNESS in all my thoughts.
5. I close this day with PURE JOY and now drift into SOUND ASLEEP.
So dust off that journal if you haven't entered lately, and begin this process tonight. Promise yourself you will follow through with this new adventure for 30 days to see the benefits.