Take a few moments to connect with the overall sense of your body. How would you describe your sense on the right side of your body with the left side? Is there a place you can zone in on and make it a resting place to come to when there are days of stress and pain?
Finding a Resting Place
- Ask your body for permission to explore.
- Close your eyes and begin a deep, slow, consistent breath.
- Look inside your body for an area that feels OK. This area may not have positive sensations, but they are not painful.
- Then look for parts in your body that you can not feel. These places are numb or just blank. Usually these are areas we subconsciously disconnect from. It could be your feet, legs, hands, fingers, or pelvis. Notice if these areas contain any stress.
- Take a few moments and use your breath and sense your way into one of the numb or disconnected locations where your mind is resting.
- Breathing in feel that part of your body.
- Breathe out and feel that part of your body again.
- Complete four breaths each time asking, "What am I sensing in this area now?" "Does it feel more connected?" "Less connected?"
- Do this exercise later in the day with different areas of your body.
- Practice this each day.