Take a few moments to connect with the overall sense of your body. How would you describe your sense on the right side of your body with the left side?
If both sides of your body feel equally comfortable or uncomfortable you may want to try the Circle Breath. Circle Breathing utilizes the entire body in one breath to relax.
- Ask your body for permission to explore.
- Close your eyes and begin a deep, slow, consistent breath.
- Look inside your body for an area free of pain (could be your ear, forearm).
- Relish in the sensation of this pain free area.
- Now allow yourself to feel where your body hurts.
- Begin the Circle Breath: Breathe up the middle of your body to the top of your head.
- As you breath out, sense your breath moving down the back of your head, neck, mid-back, and through your lower back and out through your tailbone. Imagine your breath cascading down both sides of your legs.
- Repeat several times.