Repetitive exposure to the same foods may trigger allergic reactions. Left untreated, intestinal permeability and over stimulation of the immune system can recreate an allergy to almost any food. A rotation diet helps reduce the chances of developing further allergies.
On this diet, you eat nonallergic foods every day for four to seven days. Allergic foods that you've developed sensitivities to are reintroduced into the diet over a period of months. It is a good idea to consult a nutritionist for help in devising a suitable rotation diet.
Be sure to use Dr. Cola's Pulse Test to find any hidden food allergies before beginning this regime. Choose various food groups from the list below. Using these groups, create your own rotation diet. Write out four different breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners. Make sure you are waiting three days before repeating ANY food.
- Grains: wheat, barley, oats, rice, rye, buckwheat, millet, and corn
- Seeds: sesame, sunflower, and pumpkin seeds
- Nuts: almonds, walnuts, pecans, pistachios, cashews, filberts, Brazil nuts, chestnuts, and coconut
- Oils: safflower, sunflower, soy, cottonseed, olive, esame, corn, and peanut oils
- Sweeteners: maple sugar, beet sugar, can sugar, corn syrup, agave syrup, brown rice syrup, and honey
- Vegetables: olives, eggplant tomato, peppers, potatoes, paprika, sweet potatoes, yams broccoli cauliflower, kale artichokes, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, radishes, turnips, parsnips, carrots, celery zucchini, Swiss chard, spinach, winter squash, summer squash, cucumbers, lettuces onions, garlic, chives, and asparagus
Legumes: black-eyed peas, navy beans, pinto beans, wax beans, string beans, green beans, chick peas, soybeans, Lima beans, mung beans, peanuts, lentils, and carob
- Fruits: lemons,limes oranges, pineapples, peaches, plums,pears, apples tangerines grapefruit, nectarines, bananas, grapes, prunes, papayas, figs, mangoes, kiwi, cherries, apricots, cranberries, strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries
- Melons: watermelons, cantaloupe, and honeydew melon
- Dairy: Milk, cheese, yogurt, goat's milk, cream, butter, and ice cream
- Poultry: chicken eggs, turkey, duck, pheasant, quail, and goose
- Meat: beef, lamb, pork
- Seafood: fish, shrimp, oysters, clams mussels, lobster, scallops, crayfish, and crab
- Flavorings: dill, comfrey, tarragon, coriander, pepper, cinnamon, mustard, caraway, ginger, vanilla, cocoa, thyme basil, oregano, alfalfa, rosemary, sage, peppermint, clove, and nutmeg
- Fungus: mushrooms, ops, and bakers and brewers yeast
Visit your local health-food store and take this list. Explain your rotation diet. Ask them to help you shop for food that make your diet more compliant. These stores are a great place to get bulk grains and such.
Most delayed food allergies resolve themselves after three months of avoidance. Don't fall off the wagon and begin eating the same food every day any longer. Continue to rotate your foods.