Not only do these taste great, but once you engaged your body into food that supplies essential nutrients unscathed, you will be amazed of its reaction. I've had many readers write me and say they actually felt euphoria when ingesting these types of recipes. It was like their bodies craved it and could not stop eating the bar until every last bite was devoured. No wonder! Your body knows what it needs to stay at optimal functioning. I make these and store them in the freezer to ensure peak freshness.
1 cup packed dates, pitted (deglet nour or medjool preferably)
1/4 cup raw honey
1/4 cup creamy salted sunflower butter
2/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup craisins
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- Process dates in a food processor until small bits remain (about 1 minute). It should form a "dough" like consistency that makes a ball.
- Place oats, sunflower seeds, craisins, and dates in a bowl - set aside.
- Warm honey and nut butter in a small saucepan over low heat or microwave. Stir and pour over oat mixture and then mix, breaking up the dates to disperse throughout.
- Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to an 8x8 dish or other small pan lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper so they lift out easily.
- Press down until uniformly flattened. Cover with parchment or plastic wrap, and let set in fridge or freezer for 15-20 minutes to harden.
- Remove bars from pan and chop into 10 even bars. Store in an airtight container for up to a few days or freeze.