Diagnosing the underlying cause of fibromyalgia is obviously a better treatment than simply masking the symptoms of fibromyalgia with medications like Lyrica and Opana. These addicting medications simply “turn down” the excess “electrical voltage” caused by harmful toxicity issues. Big Pharma would have you believe their “symptom treatment’ is the solution, however, masking the symptoms with a medication that reduces electrical activity does nothing to correct underlying disorders that ultimately cause neurotoxicity and subsequently, damage to brain and body nerves.
A mycotoxin is a toxic secondary metabolite produced by mold. Mycotoxicosis, commonly referred to as mold toxicity, or mold illness occurs when a person who doesn’t have antibodies to mycotoxins has accumulated high levels of the dangerous toxins in their brain and body. “Not all species of mold produce pathogens (disease causing elements). However, many species of fungi are known as pathogenic and produce toxic substances, mycotoxins being one of them.” Indoor molds which are not visible to the human eye are highly dangerous, carcinogenic, neurotoxic, and life threatening.
A common misconception is that the only way you can get sick from mold is through ingestion of moldy foods. Mold infestations are usually hidden behind water damaged walls, around showers and bathtubs, and above wet ceilings. Mold spores are released into the air, and in most cases bacteria, amoeba, and sometimes mycobacteria and actinomycetes will be present in water damaged buildings, in addition to the mycotoxins. These organisms release a variety of toxic substances we cannot see or smell.
Dangerous molds have now been linked to a number of different diseases that are prevalent today, including learning disabilities, gastrointestinal disturbances and GERD, heart problems, cancer, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, and several autoimmune diseases. The truth is, when your immune system is impaired, almost anything can happen in terms of negative health affects. When mycotoxins and other volatile substances invade and colonize within the body a slew of serious chronic illnesses emerge. Every cell and organ is affected by degeneration with continued exposure to mycotoxins. Chronic inflammation goes rampant in the body and brain, resulting in debilitating wide-spread chronic pain and fatigue with irreversible damage. The immunological and neurological systems are the most impacted as it becomes a systemic chronic disease multiply throughout the body. This generally occurs over a long period of time.
Symptoms of Mycotoxicosis:
- Headaches, migraines, brain lesions
- Chronic fatigue, exhaustion
- Irritable bowel syndrome, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, sharp abdominal pains, stomach lesions
- Joint and muscle stiffness, pain and weakness
- Cognitive dysfunction (progressive brain fog); memory loss, slurred speech, confusion, dementia
- Balance problems, dizziness, vertigo
- Ringing in ears, loss of hearing (aspergillus niger)
- Chronic allergies, congestion, sneezing, sinusitis
- Asthma, wheezing, shortness in breath, coughing, chronic bronchitis
- Heart palpitations, irregular heart beat, tachycardia, heart attack
- Weight loss or weight gain (usually sudden and severe)
- Multiple food allergies/leaky gut syndrome/altered immunity
- Thyroid irregularities, sometimes leading to complete dysfunction; adrenal problems
- Bladder, liver, spleen, and/or kidney pain and problems (infections, disease and failure)
- Low grade fevers
- Enlarged, and/or painful lymph nodes
- Reproductive system complications; irregular menstrual cycles, miscarriage, infertility
- Anxiety, depression
- Behavioral issues; mood disorder, irritability, aggression, OCD, bipolar, addiction
- Rashes and/or hives, bruising/scarring easily, bloody lesions all over the skin
- Anemia, leukopenia, neutropenia, frequent infections
- Numbness, paresthesia, Bell’s palsy
- Muscle spasms, fasciculations, tremors, inadvertent facial movements
- Extreme blood pressure, cholesterol, or triglycerides irregularities
- Autonomic nervous system dysfunction (Dysautonomia); Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) , Neurocardiogenic Syncope (NCS), Multiple System Atrophy (MSA)
- Vision problems (floaters, auras, blurred vision, blindness)
- Night sweats, head sweats, profuse sweating, excessive salvia
- Burning in the throat and lungs (similar to acid reflux and often misdiagnosed as such)
- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis
- Intermittent face flushing; called the Mylar Flush (neurological)
- Large boils on neck
- Burning after urination, frequent urination, dark urine
- Insensitivity to heat and alcohol
- Nose bleeds (stachybotrys)
- Coughing up blood, black looking debris
- Difficulty swallowing, choking, spitting up (vomiting)
- Hypersensitivity (highly sensitive to smells, sounds, light, and touch)
- Multiple Chemical Sensitivity
- Hair loss, premature graying of hair
- Anaphylaxis upon re-exposure to mycotoxin producing molds
Have an environmental physician or toxicologist order one or more of these tests in to rule out mycotoxicosis. There are more test available these are just the ones which are regularly ordered. You can ask your general practitioner to test you for mycotoxicosis, but keep in mind many are unfamiliar with biotoxin illnesses and other environmental related diseases.If you test positive you need to get on a customized treatment plan as soon as possible.
Mycotoxicosis Blood Tests and Urinalysis:
Mycotoxin panel, c3a and c4a, T1-T2 panels, cyrex autoimmune panel, candida panel and more.
Mycotoxin Testing Labs:
Real Time Lab
Mycotoxin Testing Lab
*Keep in mind that it is common to produce false negatives in urinalysis mycotoxin, especially for short exposure periods. If someone does indeed have mycotoxicosis, sauna, or some form of heat depuration just prior to testing can draw out some of the mycotoxins which should then show up on the panel.
Indoor Mold Testing:
You may search for ‘ERMI testing’ to order a test kit for your home or workplace.
Mycometrics – (Doctor recommended.) I’ve used this company a couple times, and tell anyone who wants to test their home to go through them.
IMPORTANT: Make sure the company is USEPA licensed, or accredited. Keep in mind that the cheap mold tests sold in stores such as home depot, etc. are simply not accurate indicators of relative mold index. Your health and your life may depend on this, so spend the extra money on reliable testing.