An optimal way to add a bit of salt to your diet is to purchase Himalayan salt. Himalayan salt can be sprinkled lovingly over soups, salads, and other entrees ensuring you receive ultimate benefits. It is loaded with 84 trace minerals to keep your body running well.
Why Do We Need Salt?
Salt plays a very important role in a healthy functioning body. It aids in retention of water in the body, stimulates muscle contractions and has nutrients that are useful for the functioning of the digestive system.
Deficiency of salt can result in tissue-water disturbances and heavy perspiration in high temperatures.
Essentially, every cell in the human body is dependent on the presence of sodium. We find sodium diffused throughout the fluid between cells. Each cell in our body is like a small ocean containing salty water. Inside our cells we find primarily potassium. These two minerals, sodium and potassium need to be in
constant, dynamic balance so the cells can exchange incoming energy with outgoing, depleted energy. Your body is constantly monitoring these minerals and working to maintain their delicate balance.
- Stabilizes irregular heartbeats
- Extracts excess acidity from your body's cells, particularly the brain cells
- Regulates your blood pressure, in conjunction with water
- Balances the sugar levels in the blood
- Generates hydroelectric energy in your body's cells
- Clears mucous plugs and sticky phlegm in the lungs, particularly in asthma and
- Clears up congestion of the sinuses
- Provides your body with a strong natural antihistamine
- Regulates sleep: It is a natural hypnotic
- Preserves serotonin and melatonin, known antidepressant neurotransmitters
- Helps maintain muscle tone and strength
- Prevents muscle cramps
It is water and salt that regulates all metabolic functions of the body, including functions of the solid matter itself. Without water and salt, this solid matter of our body is absolutely useless. It is water and salt that energizes and activates our bodies, period!