Once mistakenly believed to be unhealthy because of its high saturated fat content, it is now known that the fat in coconut oil is a unique and different from most all other fats and possesses many health benefits. Coconut oil has been described as "the healthiest oil on earth."
Published studies in medical journals show that coconut, in one form or another, may provide a wide range of health benefits. Some of these are summarized below:
* Kills viruses that cause influenza, herpes, measles, hepatitis C, SARS, AIDS,
and other auto immune illnesses.
* Kills bacteria that cause ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, gum disease and cavities, pneumonia, and gonorrhea, and other diseases.
* Kills fungi and yeasts that cause candidiasis, ringworm, athlete's foot, thrush, diaper rash, and other infections.
* Expels or kills tapeworms, lice, giardia, and other parasites.
* Provides a nutritional source of quick energy.
* Boosts energy and endurance.
* Improves digestion and absorption of other nutrients including vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.
* Relieves stress on pancreas and enzyme systems of the body.
* Improves calcium and magnesium absorption and supports the development of strong bones and teeth.
* Reduces inflammation.
* Supports tissue healing and repair.
* Supports and aids immune system function.
* Helps relieve symptoms associated with chronic fatigue syndrome and FMS.
* Has no harmful or discomforting side effects.
* Is completely non-toxic to humans.
I have adapted the use of coconut oil in my daily regimine. By adding Fibromyalgia Smoothie Recipe into my afternoon snack, I've added the additional benefits of coconut oil