Make this for family dinner night or pack it up in one cup containers and store it in the freezer for easy retrieval when you're in a rush.
- 1 pound organic chicken breasts
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, cooled
- 2 eggs lightly beaten with 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 5 - 7 green onions, separate whites from greens
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed and drained
- 1 cup shredded Napa cabbage
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil
Marinade for Chicken
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Mirin Chinese cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Thinly slice the chicken against the grain (diagonally) and marinate for 15-20 minutes.
Chop green onions and keep the dark green portions separate for garnish.
Heat up a wok or non-stick skillet. Add 1 tablespoon oil and eggs. Swirl to coat the bottom of the pan and cook until no longer runny. Remove this "egg pancake" and cut into bite-size pieces.
Add 1 tablespoon oil to hot wok. Add the ginger, garlic, and white portions of the green onions and stir-fry for about 15-30 seconds to release the aromatics.
Add the chicken and stir-fry for about 3 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
Add the carrots, peas, Napa cabbage, and rice and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
Add soy sauce, vinegar and egg. And cook for about 1 minute.
Garnish with green portions of the green onions.