There are many theories as to why weight gain is attributed to fibro. One component stands alone - stress. Stress is attributed to weight gain. And stress is immortalized in every fiber of those who suffer from the illness. There is stress about life and keeping up with it. Stress about paying bills, stress about your job (if you are working). Stress about family. Stress about eating. Stress about pain (that is constantly there). Stress, stress, stress, it's no wonder fibromyalgia suffers pack on 5-10 lbs. per year annually.
With all this stress comes frustration, apathy, and disgust. You know that feeling when you try on an outfit you haven't worn for awhile and the button can not be fastened. Despite the fear you feel each day, there is that never ending question, "What are you doing to yourself? Why can't you get this under control?" The sad point is that no matter how hard you try, and how less you eat, there's no reward. This is a constant circuit disputing our lives.
So I came upon the article below. Take a moment and give it a try. Dr. Northrup promises a new beginning if you follow her simple plan. I've been working on it a week and have lost 3 lb. Most importantly I'm beginning to feel my heart swell with love again. Love for those around me and most of all love of me. Best of luck to you, too! Get out of that funk!
For many, many years, I have said affirmations every day. They work along with the Law of Attraction and help to change your vibrational output. Because of the Law of Attraction, this vibrational output draws the people and circumstances into your life based on your thoughts and beliefs. They can be used for every area of your life. So if you are about to embark on a new career, if you want to begin to live a healthier lifestyle, or if you want to update or upgrade your relationships, and so forth, I suggest saying affirmations. It’s a subtle but powerful way to receive support from the universe—plus it feels good. And that is the beginning of all positive changes! When you can hold the feeling that an affirmation brings, it will change your point of attraction for the better.
It’s as simple as repeating twice a day into a mirror everyday for 30 days: “I accept myself unconditionally right now”.
Additionally here are some more of my favorite affirmations you might wish to try to encourage new beginnings, happiness, joy, and prosperity.
- I am health, strength, peace, happiness, and prosperity.
- Divine love, expressing through me, now draws to me all that is needed to make me happy and my life complete.
- My life is unfolding perfectly, in ways that are enchanting, exciting, and uplifting.
- I love taking care of my body. My body responds so beautifully to this care.
- I am magnetic to wealth and health.
- When I say YES to myself and my needs, my energy always increases and I feel wonderful.
- I awaken each morning feeling the promise of a new day and a new beginning.
- I love moving my body. I love getting stronger and more flexible every day.