Lymphatic System Properties:
* manufactures white blood cells generates antibodies
* manufactures white blood cells
* generates antibodies
* distributes fluids and nutrients
* drains excess fluids and proteins left behind by capillary circulation preventing tissue swelling
* is the inner excretory mechanism of the body four times larger than the blood system
* provides the means for each cell to eliminate waste
Skin brushing gently stimulates lymphatic flow and overall detoxification. The skin, the largest organ of elimination and absorption, eliminates over one pound of waste per day. Dry skin brushing stimulates sweat glands and increases blood circulation to underlying organs and tissues. When I brush, there is immediate relief, and those arthritis-type aches vanish for a good amount of time. Be sure to drink lots of water after completing your skin brushing to remove excess toxic sticky mucoid substances that will be dumped into the colon for elimination.
Note: Use a natural bristle brush. Gently brush from the extremities to the center of the body. For a detailed diagram of skin brushing, refer to I was Poisoned by my body.