Did you know that a dopamine deficiency can lead to a condition known as anhedonia? Anhedonia is the lack of ability to feel any pleasure or remorse in your life. It also reduces the person's attention span. Brain fatigue, confusion, and lethargy are all due to low dopamine.
If you have three or more of these descriptions you may be low in dopamine:
- You lack pleasure in your life.
- You feel there are no rewards in life.
- You have little concern for others even loved ones.
- You experience decreased parental feelings.
- Life seems "colorless".
- Things that were once fun are not anymore.
- You have become less spiritual or are less social.
L-phenylalanine is a raw material. Like most cells in the hypothalamus they have the ability to produce four or five times their usual output if larger quantities of the raw materials are made available through nutritional supplement. Phenylalanine can increase blood pressure. Do not take it past 3:00 pm in the afternoon. Many protein powders contain these essential amino acids. I personally use pea protein powder in my smoothie each morning from the ad below.
S-adenosyl-methinonie- SAMe works rather quickly and seems to provide the needed pep that many fibromyalgia patients are looking for. SAMe has been shown to be as or more effective than tricyclic antidepressants.