It is here for 20 minutes I find the peace that touches my soul. The day could have been plagued with occurrences that caused havoc, yet here it begins to dissolve. It is on this weather beaten path that muscles unwind leaving a sense of well-being that welcomes sleep. Yes, it is due to this simple endeavor that my body unravels allowing a welcomed fatigue to replenish my body with a night's rest. For it is sleepless nights that can cause the most pain for fibromyalgia sufferers and the most fear.
Since beginning my own walking club, sleepless nights have become less frequent. At times I am graced with a night of such deep sleep that I can barely rise from my bed when dawn comes. Other times I am blessed with only awakening twice and greeted with sweet fatigue that allows me to slumber quickly once more. These small trinkets to others are such great gifts for those who suffer with fibromyalgia.
When beginning your own routine do be sure that you exercise at least two hours before retiring at bedtime. This will allow your body time to unwind from that added boost of energy walking brings.
Benefits of Walking
1. Boosts your immune system
2. Helps you sleep better by reducing stress
3. Keeps joints lubricated promoting less flare-ups
4. Keeps you be mentally sharp
5. Slims you down
6. Changes your RealAge
7. Dims your chances of diabetes
8. Fends off heart attacks and stroke
9. Increased production of endorphins that improve mental and physical health
10. Strengthens nervous system and reflexes